- Add a new heading to the CHANGELOG.md file with the release number and today’s date. Commit and push this change.
- If this is a minor release, create two new Milestones in GitHub – one for the next minor release and one for the first patch release. For example, if you are releasing 2.2.0, create 2.4.0 and 2.2.2.
- If this is a patch release, create a new Milestone in GitHub for the next patch release. For example, if you are releasing 3.18.2, create 3.18.4.
- Close the current milestone in GitHub issues.
- Make sure that the issues and pull requests are associated with the proper milestone – anything open for the current release should be moved to the next release, either minor or patch depending on the nature of the issue.
- Ensure Java 11 is active
- Run the release: mvn release:prepare followed by git checkout master. You may need to pass -Dgpg.passphrase=** if your passphrase is not persisted in your settings.xml. If you want to enter your passphrase manually at a prompt, add this to .bashrc or execute prior to mvn release:
export GPG_TTY=$(tty) and you can verify it works via
echo "test" | gpg --clearsign
- Go to https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/asset-share-commons/releases and edit the release tag, using the CHANGELOG data as the release text and attaching the content package zip files (both min and regular) to the release.
- Log into https://oss.sonatype.org/ and close the staging repository. Closing the staging repo will automatically push the artifacts to Maven Central after a small delay (4 hours for all mirrors to catch up)
- Add a release announcement (and any other docs) to the documentation site.